Go down
Sunnivale
View user profile

First Impressions (Open) Empty First Impressions (Open)

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:21 pm
So this was it. Anais first steps into becoming a Pokemon Trainer, which start here at Oolong Academy. Since her grandparents insisted that she joins the school and becomes a trainer. It was no use, seeing as how they wouldn't care if Anais said no, but then again, being a trainer is probably more safer then being a researcher. She probably wouldn't encounter poachers should she start her journey.

Probably some criminals, but not poachers. Or pokepoachers, whatever there called.

She would be doing this alone...Without Marcel, which she hoped was being taken care of well back in Sinnoh. Once she got to her new dorm and was assigned a room. Anais moved into the common area to see if they're was any students around that she can talk too, impressed by the area. "Wow, this is the common area? Looks like a relaxing place to be." Anais walked around, before sitting on a couch as she looked around.

"Hello...Anyone around?" Anais placed the satchel she had beside her as she continued to look around, without realising that something was moving from within her satchel.

It moved as a voice called out. "Mime, Mime!"

The voice sang as Anais turned. "Huh?" And looked down at the satchel, which was now not moving. She facepalmed, realising that her homesickness was getting to her.

Maybe she should write a letter to Marcel and her parents later tonight?
Kemp
Admin
View user profilehttps://pokemonturmoil.forumotion.com

First Impressions (Open) Empty Re: First Impressions (Open)

on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:22 am
"..."

Anais would feel a pair of eyes watching her. But it seemed like there was nobody in the room with her. Was it just a feeling? A Ghost Pokemon playing a trick? There were so many possibilities. A student who had been going to the academy for a while would be quite familiar with the feeling, but a first year student who just arrived? They would have no way of knowing what it was or who was waiting in store for them.

Something quick dropped down from the rafters. Before Anais could even react, there would be a pair of amber eyes staring back at her. It appeared to be an older girl, wearing a lime green turtleneck tank top, a pair of black pants and boots, black fingerless gloves and a pair of black bracers, and a lime green headband. Her hair was black and curly, and it puffed out behind her headband. Her skin was dark brown, and her body was slim and athletic. She kept a straight face at Anais. No emotion permeated through her face.

"..."

Her eyes darted towards Anais' satchel. She had seen the movement and the voice of a Pokemon, but it seemed motionless now. Her eyes darted back to Anais. "...You. You're a first year, correct?"
Sunnivale
View user profile

on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:23 pm
Anais scratched the side of her face, she felt as though things were quiet...Too quiet and spooky. Like she was being watched by someone. She continued to walk around, not noticing the girl looking at her. Not yet at least, until she called her out, causing Anais to jump in surprise. "Huh, what!?" Anais looked around, before her eyes darted back towards the girl in the turtleneck, asking if she was a first year.

"Me?" You are the only other person in the common area Anais. "Y-Yes. I recently joined you're wonderful academy." Anais smiled, playing with her hair. "Why? I'm guessing you're the wise senior of this academy?" Anais asked the girl.
Kemp
Admin

on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:32 am
The girl didn't respond at first. She studied Anais for a few more moments. "...Yes. Malika Reeve. Third year. Student Council President." She finally said. She bowed in her greeting. She then looked back at Anais.

"I apologize if I startled you. I try to keep my eyes and ears open for any wrongdoings in the dorms and school." She explained. Malika had the habit of hiding in places no one had business being in. Like rafters, or rooftops. Some people found it annoying,  but regardless, it was hard to get away with something at the academy. No matter how hard you tried to hide it, Malika would always find out somehow.

"Most students have at least one Pokemon with them outside of their Pokeball when they sit in here," she began. "Are your Pokemon too big? Or do you not have a Pokemon?" Malika's eyes drifted towards the bag for a brief moment, and then back to Anais. The questions seemed harmless enough, so why did it feel like an interrogation?

Last edited by Kemp on Sat May 11, 2019 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sunnivale
View user profile

on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:39 pm
"Malika, what a charming name, for a student council president." Anais felt slightly anxious, now knowing about Malika's status. If she did something wrong then the strict looking girl will probably remember it down the line and bring it up later during an important moment. Whatever she said's might cause Malika to think differently of her. She should use her words carefully when around the girl. "I see. You have to do that when you're student council president after all." Anais pointed out.

But she became sad when Malika asked her next question. She felt as though that she was being interrogated. "Well...I used to have a Pokemon that hung around me." Anais revealed to Malika, but she sighed. "Unfortunately...He couldn't come to Kagawa. My grandparents, said that he wouldn't of handled the climate here." She answered to Malika, but then she noticed that she also didn't have a pokemon.

"Mind if I ask a question?" Anais, questioned Malika. "Do you have a Pokemon with you?" She raised her brow to the girl.
Kemp
Admin

on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:46 pm
Malika tilted her head at Anais. "I think your grandparents lied to you. The only species of Pokemon you won't find here are Alolan forms, and that's because Kagawa does not have the certain conditions and climate that made certain Pokemon adapt." She explained in a blunt tone. "I imagine they simply didn't want the responsibility of having a Pokemon to care for, alongside you, so they concocted that lie. It would be a believable one too if you had never been here before or didn't know much about the region." She closed her eyes and rubbed the back of her neck. "Granted, this is just my opinion on the matter, so take it with a grain of salt, I suppose. But you might want to have a chat with your grandparents at some point."

She gave a swift nod. "Yes. I have a full team of six." Malika crossed her arms and a small smile appeared on her face. "As Student Council President, not only do I need to make sure the student body is behaving and thriving here, there's also a certain expectation required of me regarding Pokemon battles. So I have six Pokemon who I train with every day." She explained. She pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it into the air, the light hit the ground, and as it dissipated, revealed a Greninja.

Malika rubbed the Pokemon's head. "This is Ren. She's the first Pokemon I got three years ago when I became a trainer."
Sunnivale
View user profile

on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:12 pm
"Huh?" Now that Malika said it, Anais grandparents never did talk about Marcel that much when they were in his presence. Her parents never wanted to go to Kagawa for some reason either. Anais probably thought that the reason was because of her grandparents living there and that they don't want to deal with them should they meet up. Just thinking about why Marcel couldn't come to Kagawa with her made her sad, so she sat at a nearby couch to think about the lie her grandparent's told her.

"I knew it." Anais sadly muttered.

"I knew it was going to be for that reason. I thought Sinnoh and Kagawa's climate was around the same, but I didn't think nothing of it and I wanted Marcel to stay behind for safety as well. Who knows what Kagawa was like until I went there myself. I mean me and my family often do that when we go to a region to research some pokemon." Anais explained before sighing.

"I guess thats another pokemon gone from my life." She put her hands by her chin before looking back at Malika.

"Greninja's I always wanted to see one." Anais shot up a her bag slightly moved again. She still hasn't noticed her bag moving just yet.
Kemp
Admin

on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:17 pm
Malika tilted her head at the girl. Pokemon were more than just pets or tools for battle, they were friends, family. And to have your grandparents tell you that your Pokemon can't come with you to a strange region you've never been to before by yourself, it must have been tough.

"Sorry to have been the one to inform you. If you would like, I could help you catch a Pokemon at a later date? It is my personal opinion that one needs at least one partner with them throughout their school career." Malika said. "However, I completely understand if you would decline my offer."

She smiled softly at Anais. "I've known Ren since she hatched from her Egg. She became my partner when I was fifteen, but she was just a little Froakie back then." She explained. "It's amazing how Pokemon change throughout the years."

Malika's eyes darted towards the bag when it moved. She stiffened slightly. "Your bag just moved. Do you have something in your bag?"
Sunnivale
View user profile

on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:39 am
Anais was amazed by Ren. She almost gushed just looking by looking at the Pokemon, if she had her notebook and pen right now then she can easily research the Pokemon and see what it's strengths and weaknesses were. Anais was touched by Malika's friendship with the pokemon. "That's so sweet. I uhh, known Marcel since I got him one birthday. We were almost inseparable, until I came here." Anais should change the subject so she doesn't sound too bleak.

Fortunately Malika did for her when she mentioned that her bag moved. "My bag? Bag's don't mo---Anais suddenly gasped when her bag fell on the floor, where her Pokemon quickly rolled out of it to her surprise.

Marcel looked around, rubbing his eyes in the bright room.

"Ma-Marcel!?"
Kemp
Admin

on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Malika was taken back a little. She never expected a Mime Jr. to come out of Anais' bag like that. She assumed it was going to be a little Caterpie or Joltik squirming around in places it wasn't supposed to be. But it appeared this was the Mime Jr. that the younger girl mentioned was her partner. Malika looked at Anais for a while. The girl seemed shocked that the Pokemon was here, and she didn't look like a thief, but Malika had learned that faces could be deceiving.

She closed her eyes for a moment, deciding on what course of action to take. Malika decided that Anais had not grabbed the Mime Jr. unlawfully, but still thought the Mime Jr. needed to be looked at as soon as possible.

Malika knelt down towards Marcel and looked him over. "This is your Mime Jr., yes? The look on your face suggests that you had no prior knowledge he was in there. If he had been in there for the entirety of your trip to Kagawa, then that might spell bad news for his health. I suggest bringing him to the Pokemon Center here on campus immediately."
Sunnivale
View user profile

on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 am
Anais was about to reach down to check on Marcel, when Malika had beaten her to it. "Yes, I didn't know he snuck in my bag before coming to Kagawa. He was supposed to stay with my parents back in Sinnoh." Anais explained. Her voice was mixed with stress and relief that someone she knew back in her home region had came with her, but stressed over the fact that Marcel could be hurt, despite the Mime Jr looking alright. He even glared at Malika and her Greninja, not trusting either of them, but when he turned to Anais, he smiled.

"Mime, mime!" It shouted happily, clapping his hands. Regardless, Malika was right and Marcel should get a health check for staying in her bag for who knows how long. At least he came out of the bag now as who knows what would of happened if Marcel continued to stay in Anais bag.

"Yes, you're right, he should go to the Pokemon Center. Come on Marcel, we need to give you a quick appointment." Anais leaned down to pick up both, her satchel and Pokemon to prepare for her sudden trip to the Pokemon Centre...

Hopefully nobody will get suspicious about Anais suddenly getting a pokemon on campus, besides Malika and Ren, who already knew.
Kemp
Admin

on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:55 pm
Malika silently returned Ren to her Pokeball and began leading Anais towards the Pokemon Center. She honestly never expected a Pokemon to fall out of the bag but remained calm. She had been in many situations where something strange occurred. This event was nothing compared to some of her other experiences.  But that didn't matter now, she needed to get that Pokemon a checkup to make sure he wasn't in any grave danger. She doubted he was, but Malika wasn't one to take unnecessary risks.

"If you're wondering if people will be suspicious that you suddenly have a Pokemon, don't worry. As long as you register him with the school, it should be fine. Whether you tell them you caught him today or the truth is up to you." Malika explained. "You can choose to register your Mime Jr. with Nurse Joy or with the administration building at a later date."

She stopped in front of a large white building with a light brown logo for a Pokemon Center. She turned towards Anais and spoke. "Here we are. Use this place if your Pokemon get hurt or sick."

Without waiting for Anais to respond, she entered the building. "Nurse Joy," she called out. "I have a first year student who needs you to look at her Pokemon."

A woman with pink hair and a nurse's uniform came out from the back followed by a Granbull with a nurse's hat. Anais would most likely recognize a Nurse joy and would be able to see the crosses on the woman and Pokemon's hats were the same color as the sign out front.

"Oh my! Please, young lady, let me see your Pokemon." The woman replied in a calm and soft tone of voice.
Sunnivale
View user profile

on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:23 am
"Oh, I don't think a lot of people will be too suspicious of Marcel, so i'm not worrying." Anais reassured Malika. "Although, the only people that might will probably be my grandparents, but fortunately they won't be coming around the Academy that much." Anais breathed a sigh of relief, at least, she hoped that they wouldn't visit her and find out about Marcel, because she knows they will take him back to her parents if they find out that Marcel is here.

Anais soon arrived at the Pokemon center with Malika and looked at the logo and the interior of the building while Malika began to explain what the center was and to see the Nurse Joy. "Oh, maybe I can register Marcel now after his check up is done seeing as how were in a Pokemon Center." Anais looked forward and saw the Nurse Joy, growing an eye of suspicion at the Nurse when she appeared. Never the less, she looked down at Marcel and lifted him on the table, where he began to bow to the Nurse Joy.

"Mime Jr!" Marcel declared as Anais patted Marcel's head.

"Let the nice lady check on you Marcel." Anais asked Marcel, who nodded and turned towards the Nurse Joy.
Kemp
Admin

on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:40 pm
"I'll be just a moment." Nurse Joy said. She scooped up Marcel and headed into the examination room in the back, her Granbull seemed to smile at Malika and Anais and follow Nurse Joy into the back as well.

Malika sat down on a couch in the waiting area. "Marcel is in good hands. I promise." She said.

She closed her eyes for a moment, then looked at Anais. "I don't know what kind of trainer you want to be, Anais. But, in my opinion, it doesn't matter. I think your family needs to understand that it is ultimately you who is in control of your life and what you do here at the academy. They need to understand that you are allowed to catch and train as much Pokemon as you can handle. And, if they don't like that, I think you need to stand up to them. I think you need to prove you can do it."

Malika laughed softly. "But that's just my opinion. Feel free to discard it if you want."

A chime would alert the two that Nurse Joy's examination of Marcel was done.

She wheeled the Pokemon out on a trolley and smiled at Anais. "Marcel is in perfect health. I would suggest giving him some water and food, as it appears he hasn't had any for several hours. Other than that, everything is fine!" She bowed at the two and allowed Anais to take Marcel back.

"Thak you, Nurse Joy," Malika said. She turned towards Anais. "Well, this is where I leave you tonight. I have some things to take care of. I trust you'll be able to find your way back to the dorms? Get some rest, the semester starts soon and you don't want to be at the opening ceremony with little sleep. Trust me."

She turned around began walking towards the exit. She threw an arm up and waved goodbye. She exited the doors and vanished soon afterward.
Sunnivale
View user profile

on Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:26 pm
Anais nodded. "I know, Nurse Joys are some of the best nurses in the world. I'm sure Marcel is in good hands." Anais wasn't worried about Marcel, she was more relieved that he was back with her again and that now nothing was going to take them away, well except for the Nurse Joy who is currently doing the check up on Marcel, as she and Malika waited. She encouraged Anais that she is in control of her life and not her family and that she should decide about what she should do now that she's joined the Academy. Anais remained quiet, but kept note of what Malika said as she and her Greninja soon left the hospital and Anais turned when the Nurse Joy gave her back Marcel.

"Mime Jr!" Marcel jumped happily to Anais who hugged him.

"Marcel, i'm glad you're back...Come on, let's go home." Anais turned and thanked the Nurse Joy before leaving the Pokemon Center to go back to the Academy.

She thought about what Malika said...And decided that she will keep a good note on it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum