Go down
Admin
View user profilehttp://pokemonturmoil.forumotion.com

Full Bloom

on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:27 pm
Oolong Gardens was wonderful. Maia had seen gardens before, but this one seemed so beautiful compared to the others. Sure, there was nothing special about it really, but the lush greenery in the middle of the urban jungle really helped it give off a refreshing aura. She had purchased some Oran Berry Tea and a few pastries from the tea shop and was sitting on a bench with her Meowth and her Noibat.

"Here you go, Princess and Decibel! Eat up!" She said to her Pokemon. Placing down two pastries. "I know they're not malasadas, but they're still good. I promise."

The two Pokemon cheered and began eating the delicious treats Maia gave them. She smiled at them and turned her head towards the gardens. She watched a pair of wild Cottonee float by, a Roselia dance around some flowers, and three Flabebe napping underneath a tree. The world was so full of life, yet she had no clue about anything about it. Maia wondered if she would learn while living in Kagawa.

She felt a weight on her lap and looked down to see her Meowth stretched out across her lap, purring happily. Her Noibat fluttered up and rested himself on her shoulder. Maia laughed. "Don't worry, you two. I'll learn everything I can here, we'll become strong together!" She said. "Once we do, we'll head for the contest stage!"
Admin

Re: Full Bloom

on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:27 pm
Eira let out a contented sigh as she finished a warm cup of Lum Berry Tea at the tea house. She hadn't been able to appreciate a good cup of tea since she had moved to Oolong City, missing the homemade touches that her mother would put in the blends for their lodge, but it seemed for now she had found a good alternative. After paying for her drink, she left the tea house and headed towards the gardens, stopping when she spotted a girl sitting with a couple of Pokemon that appeared to be eating pastries the tea house sold. After they finished, they both nestled up with the girl, which gave Eira an idea. After pulling a Pokeball out of her skirt pocket, she lightly tapped it to release her snow colored Vulpix out in front of her, who instantly began to stretch.

Lightly kneeling down, Eira glanced up at the other girl for a brief moment before looking back down at her own companion. "Lumi, would you like a treat from the tea house?" she asked the Vulpix. The Pokemon in question lightly tilted its head, then shifted it towards where Eira had glanced earlier. After seeming to realize the situation, she gave her answer by letting out a small cry and turning to run in the direction of the bench. "Ah- Lumi, wait!" Eira called out before taking off after the Vulpix.

"What did I say to upset her this time...?
Admin

on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:28 pm
Maia heard a girl calling out to her Pokemon and turned her head. She saw a girl around her age chasing a Vulpix. But not just any Vulpix! An Alolan Vulpix! She had never actually seen one in person before, only on TV or in books. It was a beautiful and cute Pokemon, but Maia realized that there was a more pressing matter at hand. Like a Pokemon running away from its trainer for whatever reason.

She scooped Princess up into her arms and stood in the way of the Vulpix. Decibel remained on her shoulder but seemed a little confused on why she was standing. "H-Hey, Vulpix! What's wrong?" She said the Ice Type. Maia looked towards the girl, who she assumed was the Vulpix's trainer. Is this your Vulpix? Is everything OK?" She asked.
Admin

on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:28 pm
The Alolan Vulpix suddenly stopped as a girl suddenly stood in front of her. She looked up for a brief moment, its eyes jumping between the two Pokemon and finally what appeared to be their trainer, before turning to look back at Eira. Seemingly deciding it wasn't worth the trouble to keep running, Lumi simply sat down, its head turned towards the gardens.

As Eira finally caught up, she took a moment to catch her breath before looking at the other girl. "Sorry... Thanks... Sorry, I don't know why she... Lumi, you didn't have to run if you didn't want anything..." she said, reaching down to try and pick up the Vulpix, only to receive a smack of the tail and a look that said 'I dare you to try again.'

Taking a step back and lightly rubbing her hand, Eira looked at Maia before turning her eyes, her expression obviously downcast. "Sorry... She has a bit of an attitude problem, but we're working on that... I didn't mean to disturb you," she said, fumbling around in her pocket. She pulled out a Pokeball, but after considering it for a moment, decided not to call Lumi back inside just yet and put it back where it came from - last time she did that, it just made the Vulpix even more upset.
Admin

on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:29 pm
Maia waved her hands in front of her. "N-No, No! You didn't disturb me!" She reassured Eira. "I was just doing what I would hope most trainers would do!" A Pokemon running off was never a good thing. If Lumi escaped the garden, then there would be an entire city to search for her, and even if she stayed in the garden, it's still a lot of places to look. Besides, some wild Pokemon could be a little hostile, so Maia doubted Eira wanted to get into any unnecessary battles.

Princess jumped out of Maia's arms and began inspecting Lumi excitedly. She purred as spun around the Vulpix, making sure to get every angle. Maia sighed and scooped up the Meowth before she could run around some more. "Princess, you have to respect Vulpix's personal space." She chided. Princess looked at the ground and made a pouting face. "Now it's my turn to be excused. I'm really sorry about that, my Meowth must have been excited to see another Alolan form. Since you can only find them in Alola, we haven't seen any others. Granted, we just moved into the dorms the other day before the semester starts, but still."

"Oh, I should probably introduce myself. I'm Maia, and these are my partners, Princess and Decibel." She said. "Um... Are you from Alola too? Or did you get your Vulpix another way?"
Admin

on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:29 pm
Lumi suddenly perked up when the Alolan Meowth hopped down to join her, hopping up on her feet, first following the other Pokemon with her eyes before joining in the circling. She was just about to hop towards her fellow Alolan species, and excited look in her eyes, when it was scooped back up as quickly as it had joined her. Lumi glared up towards Maia, lips curling, before sulking over to the bench and lying down underneath it.

Eira let out a sigh as everything unfolded, her hand gripping her temples. "No, I'm sorry... Lumi's not very nice to strangers, either... She probably would have started trying to provoke your Meowth if you hadn't picked her up..." she said before suddenly looking up. "Oh, where are my manners?! I'm sorry, I'm Eira. This little one is Lumi. It's nice to meet you, Maia... and Princess and Decibel," she said, giving a small wave to each, but noticeable hesitating when addressing the Pokemon.

"We just recently moved into the dorms as well, though I'm not from the Alola region. I'm from Tulsa Town, Lumi was a gift from my parents... and you can see how that's been working out..." Eira explained, letting out another sigh. Maybe she should just recall the Vulpix after all before she tried to start any more trouble... though it would be a waste to let an opportunity for both of them to meet and socialize with another student pass them by.

"So, uh... What brings you here from Alola?" Eira asked hesitantly after a few moments.
Admin

on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:49 pm
"Ah, I see..." Maia replied. She did her best to not sound disappointed but there definitely was a part of her that felt that way. She had hoped that she would meet a fellow Alolan here but it looked like she was just being too hopeful. Oh well, at least Eira seemed nice. It would have been better if they could have talked about malasadas or which Kahuna was their favorite, but this was fine too. It was probably for the best anyway, since Eira is from Kagawa, maybe she could teach Maia more about the region. That would definitely be helpful!

"Oh, um... I came here to go to school. I'm going to be attending Oolong Academy. My grandfather thinks it will be good for me..." She explained. She thought it was good for her too, but it was unnerving to go. Still, if the school lived up to its reputation, then maybe she could become a Top Coordinator after all. "Are you attending the school too?" Maia asked. She hoped so, it would be nice to have a classmate she actually somewhat knew before the first day of classes.
View user profile

on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:47 am
Eira couldn't help but notice the disappointment in Maia's voice, and her first thoughts were that it was because she wasn't able to train Lumi properly. After all, who had ever heard of a prospective trainer whose first Pokemon wouldn't even listen to them half the time? After a moment of thought, though, it made more sense that it was because she had said she wasn't also from Alola. Having someone from her home would be reassuring, and seeing a Pokemon from there bringing up her hopes only to have them dashed down would definitely be disappointing. Yeah, that had to be it. Besides, she was doing the best she could with Lumi; she'd win her over eventually!

Eira perked up as Maia answered her question though. Apparently she had her own things to deal with based on the statement about her grandfather, but Eira wasn't about to pry anytime soon. She was just excited to get confirmation that she was indeed talking to a classmate - at least she'd know one person from the get go! "Ah, yes, I'm attending as well. I'm hoping to become a trainer and learn all I can about different Pokemon... but before that, I have to figure out how to get along with this one..." she said slightly listlessly as Lumi had apparently started napping under the bench. With a small shake of her head, though, she clapped her hands together and seemed to regain a bit of life. "Anyway, that reminds me. If you two don't mind, would Princess like to try some of the food I've made for Meowths? I'm interested in seeing if the Alolan types have different tastes, since Lumi is the only one I've see before, and uh... I, uh, haven't really interacted with any native Vulpix," Eira said, trying to laugh off the last bit but clearly showing a bet of nerves.

Regardless, she opened the flap of her shoulder bag and began rummaging through what seemed like a mountain of small books and containers before pulling out a specific one and opening it to reveal a few pieces of Pokemon food. With a slight smile, she offered the container towards Maia.
Admin

on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 am
Maia perked up again. "Oh! Maybe we'll be in the same homeroom!" She said with excitement. She could only hope, anyway. Knowing someone at the school was a plus, but knowing someone in the same class as you? Even better!

Eira asked if she could give Princess some of the food she made specifically for Meowths. "Hmm. That shouldn't be a problem. What do you say, Princess?" She asked her Pokemon. The Meowth purred in response. Maia smiled softly at Eira. "I think she's excited to try the food you made, Eira!" Maia placed Princess onto the ground gently. The Alolan Meowth waited eagerly at Eira's feet for her food.

Decibel, meanwhile, had fluttered off of Maia's shoulder and towards the bench. He hopped a bit towards Lumi and tilted his head to look at her.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum